
Shanghai's Hidden Gem: Deshang Boutique Life Hotel (Lingang New Town) Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into THE DESHANG BOUTIQUE LIFE HOTEL (Lingang New Town). And let me tell you, it’s… well, it's an experience. Forget cookie-cutter hotels; this place is trying REAL hard to be something special. Let's see if it pulls it off, yeah?
(SEO Keywords – for the overlords of the internet: Shanghai Hotel Review, Lingang New Town Hotels, Wheelchair Accessible Hotels Shanghai, Boutique Hotels Shanghai, Spa Hotels Shanghai, Deshang Boutique Life Hotel Review, Shanghai Family Hotels, Shanghai Hotels with Pools, Free Wi-Fi Shanghai, Room Service Shanghai, Shanghai Airport Transfer)
First Impressions & Accessibility (Because, Real Life)
Arrival was… something. Getting there from the airport was a breeze, thankfully, thanks to their… checks notes… airport transfer. Phew. Because navigating Shanghai traffic after a long flight is a surefire way to lose your cool and your sanity. We were greeted at the door by a smiling doorman, which, in a city like Shanghai, is a small victory.
Accessibility? Now, this is where things get a little… mixed. They do have facilities for disabled guests, which is a HUGE plus. The elevator is a lifesaver, of course. But I have a confession. I didn’t actually check the depth of the accessibility. I saw the ramps, but I’m not in a wheelchair, so I kinda… didn’t give it a super thorough investigation. My bad! But on the surface, it appeared to tick the boxes. Important to verify details if you actually need them, don't take my word for it!
Inside the Fortress of Bliss (aka, The Room)
Okay, the rooms. They try to be boutique-y. Think sleek lines, maybe a bit too much beige, and a LOT of space. The extra-long bed was a serious win! Slept like a log, even after a disastrous karaoke session (more on that later…it’s a story). The bathroom? HUGE. Separate shower, separate bathtub. Score! They’ve got nice touches like complimentary tea and coffee, a mini-bar, and a scale (because, let's be honest, travel is all about undoing the good work).
Wi-Fi? Excellent. Free, and it actually worked. Praise be! And they have Internet access – LAN, so if you're a dinosaur, you can bring your cable. It’s Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Which is a big win in my book.)
The Room's Quirks: The soundproofing? Pretty damn good. Blackout curtains? Essential for fighting jet lag. The little bits of room decorations were cute. Extra bonus points for the closet with a whole lot of space. And the windows open! Thank god because sometimes you just need a breath of fresh air that smells of… well, you know, Shanghai.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – The Food Glorious Food!
This is where Deshang REALLY tries to shine. There are restaurants (plural!). A bar. A coffee shop. All that lovely food.
- The Buffet: Pretty standard, but the Asian breakfast was surprisingly awesome. Freshly made noodles! I went back for seconds. And thirds. Definitely a good start to the day.
- A La Carte: Haven't made it that far, but the menu looks pretty extensive.
- Room Service (24-hour): This is gold. Especially after a long day of exploring (or, you know, karaoke). The quality? Hit or miss, like any room service. But the convenience? Unbeatable.
- Snack Bar & Poolside Bar: haven't had the time. maybe next round.
- Restaurants (Asian cuisine, International cuisine): I can't wait to.
Wellness & Relaxation: Because You Deserve It!
- Pool with a View (Outdoor): Stunning! The pool is truly beautiful, and I spent a glorious afternoon just floating and watching the clouds.
- Spa & Sauna/Steamroom: Didn't make it in, alas! I'm weeping as I type this, because I was so busy doing… other things. Regrets.
- Fitness Center: Looked modern and well-equipped. Again, missed opportunity! I blame the karaoke.
- Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap: They all are available. Not a cheap one, but a good one.
The Karaoke Debacle (A Tale of Humiliation and Triumph)
Okay, confession time. We went karaoke. And it was… epic. In the worst and best way possible. I’d had a few too many… ahem… “refreshments” and thought belting out "Bohemian Rhapsody" was a brilliant idea. Turns out, my vocal performance was more like a dying cat than Freddie Mercury. But the folks at Deshang… they let me do it. No judgement! They just kept the drinks flowing. And honestly? I felt incredible. Even after the inevitable post-karaoke shame.
Cleanliness and Safety – The New Normal
This is where Deshang earns serious brownie points. They are taking the whole hygiene thing SERIOUSLY. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Daily disinfection in common areas. Rooms sanitized between stays. Individually-wrapped food options. Staff trained in safety protocol. They even offer room sanitization opt-out available. They've got all the bases covered, making you feel safe and secure.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter
- Contactless Check-in/out: Genius! Saves time and awkward small talk.
- Daily Housekeeping: Always a pleasure to come back to a tidied-up room.
- Concierge: Helpful and knowledgeable.
- Car Park (Free of Charge): A huge relief in a city where parking can be a nightmare.
- Cash Withdrawal, Currency Exchange, Luggage Storage: They've thought of everything.
- Business Facilities: For those who, you know, work while on vacation (ew).
- Facilities for disabled guests: This always matters.
Things to Do (Beyond Karaoke)
Lingang New Town is a bit off the beaten path BUT it has its own unique charm, and you can relax at The Deshang.
The Verdict?
Deshang Boutique Life Hotel is a diamond in the rough. It's not perfect. It has its quirks (like all hotels). But it genuinely tries to offer something special. The rooms are great. The pool is heavenly. The food is a-okay. The staff? Friendly and helpful. And the karaoke? Well, that’s a story for the ages.
Is it a hidden gem? Potentially. It's definitely a great option for anyone looking for a stylish, comfortable, and well-equipped hotel in Lingang New Town. If you want a relaxing getaway or want a place to stay after a long trip, you should give it a shot.
Here's the Deal! (The Persuasive Stuff!)
Tired of the same old hotel routine? Craving an experience that's more "life," and less "corporate"?
Book your stay at Deshang Boutique Life Hotel (Lingang New Town) and get:
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected!
- Luxurious rooms with bathtubs: Soak your cares away.
- A stunning outdoor pool: Perfect for sunbathing and relaxation.
- Delicious dining options (including a killer Asian breakfast): Fuel your adventures.
- Impeccable hygiene standards: Stay safe and worry-free.
- Airport transfer: Make your journey easy!
- All the amenities, with your comfort in mind
But that’s not all!
Book Now, and we'll throw in a BONUS!
- 15% OFF your first spa treatment!
- A complimentary cocktail at the bar!
Don't just visit Shanghai. Experience it. Book your stay at Deshang Boutique Life Hotel today! Click here to book (with my affiliate link, of course… just kidding…or am I?…) and get ready for an unforgettable adventure!
(P.S. Please, for the love of karaoke, leave a review after your stay! Tell me all about it!)
Luxury Studio in Jakarta's Kalibata City: Papilukas Room Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this itinerary is less "meticulously planned Swiss watch" and more "slightly unhinged grandma's recipe book." We're going to the Deshang Boutique Life Hotel in Lingang New Town, Shanghai. Prepare for glorious chaos.
Shanghai Shenanigans: A Journal of Existential Brunch and Questionable Decisions (and hopefully, not too much jet lag)
Day 1: Arrival, Anxieties, and the Pursuit of Authentic Dumplings (Spoiler: Quest Might Fail)
- 10:00 AM (ish) - ARRIVAL! (Or, "Survived the Plane!") Landed at Pudong (PVG). Seriously, the sheer size of this airport is enough to make you question your life choices. Immigration went okay, though I may or may not have accidentally stared suspiciously at the officer for a solid 30 seconds. He didn't seem to notice. Victory!
- 11:30 AM - Taxi Tantrums and Linguistic Lapses. Got a taxi to the Deshang. The driver…well, let's just say he and his horn had a very intimate relationship. Trying to explain "Lingang New Town" felt like trying to herd cats through a plate of custard. Eventually, we made it. Slightly traumatized, but alive.
- 1:00 PM - Deshang Delights? (First Impressions) Okay, the hotel is cute. It's got that "effortlessly chic, Instagrammable" vibe. Which, of course, means I'm immediately suspicious. Am I cool enough for this place? Am I going to accidentally break something expensive? (Probably). Checked in, unpacked some of my stuff (the rest will probably live permanently in my suitcase), and vowed to conquer the mini-bar later.
- 1:30 PM - Room Reconnaissance and Existential Brunch. The room is…comfy. Clean lines, a lot of wood, and a window that looks out at…buildings. Lots of buildings. Time to find brunch. I am starving. Decided to venture out, which is always an adventure on day one. Found a little cafe! and the food was… okay, it's a bit bland but it's edible, I'll give them that. I'm already starting to feel the jet lag creep in.
- 3:00 - 5:00 PM - Lingang Exploration and The Great Dumpling Debacle: Walked around Lingang New Town. It's… modern, I'll give it that. Very clean and shiny. Found a park, which was quite pleasant, and saw a group of people doing tai chi. I'm not sure if it was the jet lag, the lack of sufficient caffeine, or the sheer existential weight of being in Shanghai, but I almost started weeping. Deep breaths. More important, I set out in search of authentic, life-changing dumplings. I was determined. This became my mission. Turns out, finding truly great dumplings outside of the city center is…challenging. Found a place that claimed to sell dumplings. They were… fine. Not life-changing. Disappointment. Massive disappointment. But hey, tried.
5:30-7:00 PM - Solo Exploration and Unexpected Beauty Decided to fight back the crushing weight of dumpling disappointment and explore some more. I walked along some beautiful boardwalks and even found a hidden spot with a beautiful, serene pond. It was quiet there, and I could collect my thoughts. Surprisingly pretty.
7:30 PM - Return to the Hotel & Initial Mini-Bar Assessment: I'm back. This place is relaxing. The mini-bar, on the other hand, is a tempting siren song. Resisting the urge to dive headfirst into the overpriced snacks.
8:00 PM - Hotel Dinner & Early Bedtime Found a restaurant near the hotel. The food? Edible. Tired. Exhausted. Bedtime. Sleep, oh sweet sleep, I need you now.
Day 2: Art, Awkwardness, and the Pursuit of Sensory Overload
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast Blunders and the Art of Making Friends (or, Trying To) Woke up! Alive! Breakfast was… well, let's just say the "international buffet" had some questionable choices. But hey, I'm making an effort to try new things! Found myself chatting with a guy who looked equally bewildered by the selection. Instant connection! (We bonded over the sad-looking croissants). The magic of shared suffering.
11:00 AM - Visit the Shanghai Planetarium! This place is truly amazing. I felt like a little kid again, just absolutely fascinated by the enormity of space. It's such a beautiful building, inside and out. I really lost track of how much time I spent in there.
- 1:30 PM - Second Dumpling Attempt (and Maybe Success?!): Refusing to be defeated, I ventured out again. This time, I found a small, hole-in-the-wall place. Fingers crossed. The dumplings…they were good! Not perfect, but GOOD. A small victory! Perhaps I underestimated the deliciousness of a slightly greasy, unassuming dumpling. Maybe I should have taken a photo. Alas, eaten before the thought occurred.
3:00 PM-5:00 PM - More Lingang & Randomness: A wandering, a library, a moment of contemplation. Went for a walk in the area, and just, meandered around. The beauty of Lingang became more and more evident. I found a very quiet cafe, and just chilled for a bit and read a book.
- 5:00 PM - Hotel Spa Day (Or, My Attempt at Zen): This hotel has a spa! I splurged (slightly). The massage was… intense. Like, deep-tissue-meets-torture-device intense. I emerged feeling both relaxed and slightly bruised. Worth it? Maybe. (I'll tell you tomorrow.)
*7:00 PM - Exploring Some Restaurants. I just went for a nice seafood meal near the hotel. Really good.
8:00 PM - Attempting to Watch TV & Jet Lag's Revenge:* The TV has a million channels, most of which I don't understand. Managed to find a nature documentary… which promptly lulled me into a nap. I am a failure.
Day 3: Cultural Clashes, Culinary Adventures (and the Realization That I Am, In Fact, A Mess)
9:00 AM - Breakfast, Round 3: The Usual Suspects: The croissants are still depressing. Managed to find some surprisingly good yogurt this time, so, win.
10:00 AM - Museum Attempt (and a Sudden Urge to Question Everything): Decided to be cultured and visit the Shanghai Museum. Got on the metro, which, surprisingly, went well. The museum itself was… overwhelming. So much art, so much history, so many people. I lasted about two hours before my brain started to melt. I admire the art!
1:00 PM - Street Food Shenanigans (and Possible Food Poisoning…?) Okay, here's where it gets dicey. I decided to embrace the street food scene. Which led to a delightful, although potentially dangerous, adventure. I tried things I couldn't identify. I ate with abandon. I may or may not regret this later. (Fingers crossed it's just a slight stomach ache and not the full-blown "running to the bathroom every five minutes" situation.)
2:30 PM-4:00 PM - The Lingang Beach. It isn't so beautiful but it is perfect place for a long walk. I was able to get a few beach-related photos, even though the weather wasn't cooperating.
- 5:00 PM - The Great Hotel Room Clean-Up (and the Discovery of Lost Socks): My room is a disaster. Clothes everywhere, empty water bottles, and a general sense of chaos. Time to tackle the mess. Found three lost socks! Victory! (Also, I really need to do laundry).
7:00 PM - Dinner Decided to play it safe tonight. I ordered room service. No more street food for this girl.
8:00 PM- The Evening Ritual of Self Doubt and Gratitude Spent some time on the balcony, watching the city lights. Wow. I am so lucky and I need to fully engage my senses and be present.
The rest of the trip is a blur of exploration and jet lag, I'm not sure how the days will go.
Final Thoughts (Or, My Existential Breakdown):
Shanghai is… a lot. It's beautiful, chaotic, overwhelming, and exhilarating. It's tested my patience, my sanity, and my digestive system. It's also taught me a few things:
- Dumplings are important. (And the quest for the perfect dumpling continues).
- Embrace the mess. (I am, after all, a walking, talking, slightly-hangry mess).
- Talk to strangers. (You never know what amazing conversations you might have).
- Take the time to breathe. (And maybe avoid street food for a day or two).
- The Deshang is pretty great. (Even if I'm not sure I'm "

Deshang Boutique Life Hotel (Lingang New Town): The Unfiltered Truth (and a Whole Lot of Rambling)
Okay, spill it. Is Deshang a *hidden gem* or just… hidden?
Alright, alright, here's the deal. "Hidden gem" is a strong term. It's more like... a *semi-hidden curiosity* that you stumble upon after a VERY long Metro ride to Lingang New Town (which, let's be honest, feels like you've accidentally teleported to a parallel universe of perfectly manicured streets and futuristic architecture). Deshang *could* be a gem, but it's got a LOT of facets. It's less "shining, dazzling diamond" and more "smooth river stone you find after a decent trek." It depends on your expectations. If you expect the Ritz? You will weep. If you are looking for something unique? You'll at least be intrigued.
Lingang New Town. Seriously? Why would I *ever* go there?!
Look, I get it. Lingang. It's the Shanghai equivalent of a well-meaning but slightly overbearing aunt. Prissy, predictable, and a bit too... *shiny*. The "New Town" thing really hammers it home. But, hear me out. It's got the Shanghai Maritime University (which, okay, not exciting on its own), *and* it's ridiculously close to the Shanghai Haichang Ocean Park (if you're into that sort of thing – I'm judging you, but politely). Plus, it's a world away from the hustle of the city. It's a palate cleanser. A chance to, y'know, *breathe*. And Deshang, right in the thick of it, gives you a different flavor of the place.
The Rooms: What's the vibe? Instagrammable? Or… questionable?
Okay, the rooms. This is where things get *interesting*. The vibe is... *eclectic*. Think modern minimalist meets vaguely nautical, with a dash of "we tried really hard." Some rooms are *beautiful*, all smooth wood and natural light, perfect for Instagram. Others? Let's just say they have a unique charm. One time, I swear, my room's bedside table was *literally* attached to the wall with what looked like… duct tape. Seriously. Duct tape. But hey, it held! And the bed? Surprisingly comfortable. So, yeah, it's a mixed bag. Expect the unexpected. Bring your phone charger, your sense of humor, and maybe a roll of your own duct tape, just in case.
Let's talk breakfast. Is it worth waking up for? Or is it a "grab a pastry on the way out" situation?
Breakfast... ah, breakfast. It's... an experience. The selection is *decent*, I'll give them that. There's a smattering of Western options (cereal, toast, the usual), and some Chinese staples. The coffee is... *drinkable*. The service can be a bit… *slow*. I once waited 20 minutes for a simple fried egg. 20 MINUTES! I was basically contemplating staging a breakfast rebellion. But then, the egg showed up. And it was... actually pretty good. Again, it’s all about managing expectations. If you’re a breakfast snob, pack your own granola bars. If you're flexible and enjoy a good people-watching opportunity (the other guests can be fascinating) you might be okay.
The Staff: Are they friendly? Helpful? Or do they speak in riddles?
The staff are generally trying their best. Really. They're not always the most fluent in English (this is Shanghai, after all!), but they’re eager to please. I had one incident where I asked for an iron, and after a significant amount of charades and enthusiastic gesturing, I ended up with… a clothes steamer. Not exactly what I wanted, but hey, my clothes *were* less wrinkled. A+ for effort! Seriously though, be patient. A little understanding goes a long way. And if you happen to speak a little Mandarin? You'll be golden.
Okay, the *really* important question: Is it actually clean?
For the most part, yes. The rooms are generally clean. The hallways… are generally *attempting* to be clean. I once saw a mysterious stain on the carpet. It was… interesting. But honestly, I've stayed in far worse places. The bathrooms are usually spotless. They *try*. You can tell. You'll probably be fine. Just don't go expecting sterile perfection. The hotel is not going to be a hospital.
Any hidden gems *within* the hotel itself? Like a secret bar or something?
Hah! A secret bar? Not exactly. But there's a little courtyard area. It's… quaint. Okay, it's more like a small patch of concrete with a few sad-looking plants, but it's *quiet*. And sometimes, they have a little outdoor BBQ going. If you are lucky, you might get a whiff of deliciousness, even if it's not for you. It's a decent spot to sip your coffee and avoid staring at the, uh, *interesting* architecture of Lingang. Bring your own snacks. And maybe a comfortable cushion.
So, you've stayed there more than once. Why?!
Okay, this is a valid question. And the answer is... it's complicated. Honestly? It represents a quiet, a chance to be *away*. The price is usually right. And, let's be honest, the sheer *quirkiness* of the place has a certain charm. I've stayed there when I needed a place to hide. WhenWander Stay Spot

