
Unbelievable Ruby Villa in Dalat, Vietnam: Your Dream Getaway Awaits!
Unbelievable Ruby Villa: Dalat's Dream? Hold My Banh Mi… (A Brutally Honest Review)
Okay, folks. You've seen the glossy photos, the promises of "dream getaways," and the perfectly posed couples. You're probably thinking, "Is it REAL? Does this 'Unbelievable Ruby Villa' in Dalat actually live up to the hype?" Well, buckle up. 'Cause I'm about to spill the tea. And trust me, it's a steaming, somewhat lukewarm, cup of Vietnamese coffee.
Accessibility: The Good, The Okay, and the "Hmm…"
Let's start with the basics. Accessibility. Now, I’m not a wheelchair user myself, but I always look out for these things. And honestly? It's a mixed bag. The good news is they say they have facilities for disabled guests. But the devil, as they say, is in the details. I didn't specifically see a ton of ramps or Braille, although I did spot an elevator. So, I'd recommend contacting them directly to nail down specifics – don’t just "assume" anything.
On-site accessible restaurants/lounges? Hmm, again, I'm not sure based on my wandering. I did see multiple places to eat and drink, but how accessible are these? Best to phone ahead and clarify.
Internet: Wi-Fi Everywhere (ish)
Okay, let's be real. In the modern world, losing your Wi-Fi is like losing a limb. So, the good news: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And in public areas too! Awesome, right? Well, yes and no. My personal experience? The signal in the room was… variable. Flickering, ghosting, and occasionally vanishing into the ether. Internet [LAN] is, apparently, available – a relic of the past! – but who has a LAN cable anymore? I mostly relied on the Wi-Fi [free], and it was… well, it was there. So, don’t plan on streaming 4K documentaries. But for basic stuff, emails, and social media, it's mostly functional. (Don’t trust it for Zoom calls, though. Trust me.)
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Sauna, Spa, and… a Heck of a View!
Alright, this is where Ruby Villa really shines. They clearly prioritize relaxation. I mean, come on, look at this list: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. It’s basically a smorgasbord of pampering!
Now, I’m no spa aficionado. My idea of a "body wrap" usually involves me and a burrito blanket on the sofa. But the pool with view? Stunning! Absolutely breathtaking. I spent a whole afternoon just lounging in the sun, gazing at the hills. Bliss. Pure, unadulterated, Instagram-fodder bliss. The sauna and steamroom are decent; but nothing to write home about. Just… warm. And the massage? Worth it! I may have even dozed off. It was a great experience of relaxation.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized, But…
This is HUGE, especially now, right? Here’s the lowdown: Anti-viral cleaning products, check. Breakfast in room (more on that disaster later), check. Daily disinfection in common areas, check. Doctor/nurse on call, check. First aid kit, check. Hand sanitizer, definitely check. Hygiene certification, supposedly. Individually-wrapped food options, mostly (see breakfast rant). Rooms sanitized between stays, they claim. Safe dining setup, they seem to think so. Basically, they try hard.
However. And there's always a "however," isn't there? The "Professional-grade sanitizing services" felt slightly… over-promised, under-delivered. I'm not saying it was dirty, but it wasn't squeaky clean either. I saw a few stray hairs in the bathroom. And, ugh, the Room sanitization opt-out available? Why would anyone opt out? Very bizarre, but what do I know.
Also, the Staff trained in safety protocol seemed to vary. Some were incredibly knowledgeable and friendly, others… let’s just say their English wasn't quite up to par when it came to explaining the finer points of hand hygiene. The CCTV in common areas and Security [24-hour] definitely gave a feeling of safety, though.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Breakfast Saga
This is where things got… bumpy.
Dining is where this hotel tries to impress. They have everything: A la carte in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Breakfast [buffet], Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast,
There were a LOT of options, certainly. And some of them were delicious. The poolside bar was clutch for afternoon cocktails. The restaurants served up some pretty amazing food. But… the breakfast [buffet]? Oh, dear lord.
The buffet was… chaotic. Visually, it was a riot of color. Flavor-wise, it was… hit-or-miss. The pastries were amazing. The fruit was fresh. The coffee was decent. But the "hot food"? Let's just say it was a gamble. The eggs looked suspicious. The bacon was… well, let’s just say I'm fairly sure it was not exactly bacon.
And then, there was the "Breakfast in Room". I decided to try it one morning, and ordered the works. What arrived? A small plate of… stuff. Half of it I couldn’t identify. It was accompanied by some stale bread and a lukewarm cup of coffee. It was a disaster. I ended up ordering room service, which isn’t exactly what I wanted.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the "Why?!"
Okay, let's zip through this. Air conditioning in public area - yes. Cash withdrawal - available. Concierge - helpful. Currency exchange - provided. Daily housekeeping - generally good. Dry cleaning - works. Elevator - present. Facilities for disabled guests - see above. Food delivery - via a third party. Gift/souvenir shop - overpriced knickknacks. Indoor venue for special events - yes. Laundry service - useful. Luggage storage - no problem. Meeting/banquet facilities - if you're into that sort of thing. Outdoor venue for special events - yep. Safety deposit boxes - yay. Smoking area - sigh. Terrace - nice. Wi-Fi for special events - sure.
For the Kids: Babysitters and… What Else?
Babysitting service - available. Family/child friendly – I saw a few families, but not an abundance of kid-specific activities. Kids meal - I’m sure they'll be able to whip up some noodles for the younglings.
Getting Around: Car Park and Airport Transfer
Airport transfer - available. Car park [free of charge]. Woohoo! Taxi service - easy to find.
Available in All Rooms: All the Essentials (and Some Extras)
Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathtub, black-out curtains, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, non-smoking, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], window that opens.
The Verdict: Should You Book?
Look, Unbelievable Ruby Villa isn’t perfect. The breakfast? A potential minefield. The Wi-Fi? Flaky. The cleanliness? Could be improved.
BUT…
The view is gorgeous. The pool is fantastic. The spa is worth it. The staff mostly try hard. And, let’s be honest, Dalat itself is a magical place.
Here's the bottom line: If you're seeking perfection, look elsewhere. But, if you're looking for a beautiful, relaxing getaway with a few quirks, then Unbelievable Ruby Villa could be your dream. Just lower your expectations slightly, and remember to pack some snacks. And maybe a good travel-sized bottle of hand sanitizer.
My Recommendation:
For a limited time, **Book your room at Unbelievable Ruby Villa and get a Free upgrade to a
Escape to Paradise: Luxury Lasanti Villas Await in Seminyak, Bali
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're going to Dalat, Ruby Villa style, and trust me, it's gonna be messier than my inbox after a "send all" email. This is NOT a perfectly curated Pinterest board, this is REAL LIFE, baby.
Ruby Villa Dalat: A (Probably) Chaotic Adventure
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Avocado Dreams (and a slight panic about Vietnamese traffic)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Fly into Lien Khuong Airport (DLI). God, airports. Always the same, always stressful. Pray the luggage arrives. Try to look nonchalant while subtly checking your passport every 5 seconds. Okay, deep breaths. Find a taxi/Grab to Ruby Villa. Pray the driver doesn't think he's in a Formula 1 race. Dalat's roads? They look like my brain after trying to understand quantum physics.
- Anecdote: Remember the time I tried to haggle for a taxi in Bangkok? Ended up paying more because I was so flustered. Lesson learned: research reasonable prices BEFORE you get there, you travel-dumbass.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Check into Ruby Villa. Hopefully, the place looks as charming in real life as it does in the photos. Unpack. Immediately realize you packed way too much. Curse the existential dread of overpacking. Lunch. Gotta find some good food stat. Google Maps is my new soulmate.
- Quirky Observation: Dalat's air smells…different. It's a mix of pine trees, coffee, and I swear, a hint of nostalgia. Or maybe I'm just hallucinating because of jet lag.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Onward): Explore the immediate area around Ruby Villa. Seek out a decent coffee shop. Caffeine is life. I'm serious. This calls for a STRONG Vietnamese coffee, something with condesed milk that might actually make my heart skip a beat (in a good way, for once). Wander around Xuan Huong Lake. Get thoroughly lost. This is not optional. Dinner. Try to find something authentic, not just the tourist traps. Hope for the best, expect the slightly over-priced tourist trap (but still delicious).
- Emotional Reaction: I'm already in love with this place. Pure, unadulterated, tourist-y love. Please, please, PLEASE don't let me hate it later.
Day 2: Crazy House, Craziness, and Coffee Conundrums
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The Crazy House! (Hang Nga Guesthouse). Okay, I've seen the pictures. This place is insane. Literally. Prepare to feel slightly disoriented but in a good way. Take a million photos of the bizarre architecture. Try to avoid running into too many selfie sticks. This is gonna be good!
- Anecdote: Remember that time I got lost in a maze? This feels like it could be similar, just with more…building.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch somewhere that ISN'T touristy. Okay, this is my quest. Find the best Banh Mi in Dalat. This is not optional. And get some fresh juices, because I'm already feeling the dehydration from the flights.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Onward): Explore the Dalat Flower Gardens. The air is supposed to be nice and cool, a contrast to the heat. More coffee. Maybe a coffee plantation visit? Okay, now we're talking. I'm going to channel my inner coffee snob and learn about these beans. Dinner. Oh, Vietnamese food. You're the best. Find some street food if you're brave.
- Emotional Reaction: Okay, I had a really bad cup of coffee this morning. I think I might be a coffee addict. I need. More. Coffee. And the food, the food is heavenly.
Day 3: Valley of Love, Waterfall Wonders, and a Moment of Existential Dread
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Valley of Love. Oh dear god, prepare for serious couple-y vibes. Even if you aren't with a partner, get ready to have a look around. Embrace the romance, or be highly amused by it. Find a boat trip. Take a thousand photos.
- Quirky Observation: There are so many love locks! I wonder how many relationships have survived this place. Also, I need a love lock.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Datanla Waterfalls. Get ready to get wet. The cable car seems fun, the falls themselves are supposed to be epic. Hopefully, it doesn't look like a scene from a horror movie. I really don't want to fall to my death. If the cable car isn't my vibe, then maybe I'll take the roller coaster.
- Anecdote: Remember that time I tried to climb that mountain? I fell on my face a LOT. Hopefully, this is less strenuous.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Onward): Stroll around the Dalat Market. Buy souvenirs. Maybe get lost in the chaos. Dinner. Try some local specialties. Maybe eat some weird fruit. Or, just go with what looks edible.
- Emotional Reaction: I'm starting to feel the travel blues creeping in. Not in a bad way, but it's that bittersweet feeling of "I don't want to leave, but I'm also exhausted." I need a massage, and some tea…and maybe a hug.
Day 4: The Perfect Day, Maybe? (or, the Day I Finally Found Peace)
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Decide I need a total chill day. Sleep in. Read a book. Find a hidden gem of a coffee shop with perfect ambience. Maybe do a little people-watching (respectfully, of course). Start writing in my journal after a serious writing block.
- Anecdote: I usually skip this stuff, but I’m making the effort this time.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Head to a cooking class, learn some local dishes. Eat the product of your delicious labor. Buy local goods. If you’re feeling fancy, head to a spa.
- Quirky Observation: Why not try to learn some of the language? Maybe learn a little Vietnamese, just for fun.
- Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Onward): Dinner. Hopefully, I'll stumble across a hidden gem of a restaurant. Take a walk. Do a final look at the beauty of Dalat.
- Emotional Reaction: I think I did it, I found it. Calm, peace of mind, and I just feel really happy. So happy I don’t want to leave.
Day 5: Departure (and the inevitable post-vacation depression)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Pack. Curse the fact that you still haven't used half the stuff you brought. Double-check the passport. Breakfast. Grab a final Vietnamese coffee. Taxi/Grab to the airport. Pray the flight isn't delayed. Suffer the inevitable post-vacation blues.
- Anecdote: I swear, I'll learn to pack lighter next time. Yeah, right.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Fly. Reflect. Smile.
- Quirky Observation: Wonder when I’ll return.
Important Notes (or, Things to Remember Because I'm Forgetful):
- Pack light. (Just kidding, I'll never learn.)
- Learn to say "hello" and "thank you" in Vietnamese. People appreciate the effort, even if you butcher the pronunciation.
- Bargain politely. It's expected, but don't be a jerk.
- Be open to unexpected adventures. The best travel experiences are often the ones you didn't plan.
- Embrace the mess. This itinerary is a suggestion, not a commandment. Go with the flow. Get lost on purpose. Make mistakes. Laugh. Cry a little. Just…live.
This, my friends, is a travel plan. Hope you actually have an amazing time. Because, honestly, I kind of hate you all. Just kidding (mostly). Now go get lost and have a blast!
Escape to Paradise: Apartment 929, Fazana, Croatia - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
So, is Ruby Villa actually *unbelievable*? Or is it just… nice?
**But here's my first confession:** The "unbelievable" factor hinges on *expectations*. If you're expecting a Four Seasons with butler service and a Michelin star chef, you might be *mildly* disappointed. This isn't that. It’s a more authentic, dare I say, *Vietnamese* experience.
**My biggest takeaway is:** It's a vibe. A very, *very* good vibe.
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they as pretty as the pictures? (Be honest!)
**Here's the *honest* part:** My shower… well, the water pressure wasn't always consistent. And, maybe, just *maybe*, the hot water took a *teensy* bit longer to arrive than I was used to. But honestly? This is Vietnam! These are minor inconveniences. It's part of the charm, right?
**My second confession:** I'm a bit of a princess. I'd happily take less hot water any day of the week for that view. And the room service was spot-on.
Food, glorious food! What’s the breakfast situation like? Are those Instagrammable plates worth it?
**The plate presentation?** Yep, totally Instagrammable. I'm not even ashamed to admit I took *multiple* pictures.
**But even better than the aesthetics**, the food tasted *incredible*. The pho was fragrant, the banh mi was crusty and full of flavour… and I could go on. Breakfast became the highlight of my day, no joke. I’d wake up, practically bounce out of bed, and head straight for the buffet.
Is it easy to get around Dalat from the Villa? Do you need your own transport?
**My advice:** you've got a couple of options. Grab a taxi, which are plentiful and relatively cheap. Or, rent a scooter! This is the quintessential Dalat experience, and, honestly, it’s awesome. Just make sure you have the necessary paperwork and be prepared for… well, let’s just say Vietnamese traffic is an adventure.
**My anecdote:** I bravely attempted to navigate the chaos on a scooter. I’m alive to tell the tale (thankfully!). It was scary at times, exhilarating at others. Be extra careful if you're a beginner!
What's the atmosphere like? Is it suitable for couples, families, solo travellers... or just party animals?
**Who is this for?** I'd say it's suitable for just about everyone, *except* maybe the hardcore party animal looking to rage all night. There's no loud nightclub or pool parties here.
**Perfect for:** Couples looking for a romantic getaway (the gardens are *made* for hand-holding). Families looking for a peaceful base. Solo travellers like me, who want a beautiful place to relax and recharge. I met a lovely couple who'd been traveling for months, and Ruby Villa was their "home base" for a week.
**My observation:** lots of quiet corners and comfy spaces for reading/meditation.
Any hidden gems or insider tips you can share? Things the brochure *doesn't* tell you?
**Don't skip the sunset views.** Find a spot in the garden, grab a bottle of something delicious, and just…breathe.
**Eat at the little street food stalls nearby.** You'll find some of the best, most authentic Vietnamese food you've ever tasted. The villa staff happily pointed me to the best ones.
**Ask the staff for recommendations.** They're incredibly helpful and know the area inside and out. They'll lead you to secret waterfalls and hidden coffee shops. I asked about local markets, and they even told me the best time of day to visit (early morning to avoid the crowds).
**Bring earplugs.** Because sometimes, the local roosters are VERY enthusiastic about their morning announcements.
**My biggest tip:** Don't over-plan anything. Let yourself get lost in the beauty of Dalat and the charm of Ruby Villa. That's where the *real* magic happens.
Would you go back? Seriously?
Ruby Villa isn't perfect, but it's *real*. It's got flaws, it has personality. I loved it.
**My final thought:** This isn't just a place to stay; it’s an experience. And it's one I'll cherishHotel Adventure

