Escape to Paradise: Michelin-Star Dining at Hotel Restaurant de Londres

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France

Escape to Paradise: Michelin-Star Dining at Hotel Restaurant de Londres

Escape to Paradise: Hold on to Your Hats (and Your Forks!) – A Messy, Honest Review of Hotel Restaurant de Londres

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a rollercoaster of a review of the Hotel Restaurant de Londres. Forget perfectly polished brochures; this is raw, unfiltered, and powered by a serious craving for their Michelin-starred dining. Let's dive in, shall we?

First Impressions (and My Immediate Panic):

Pulling up to the Hotel Restaurant de Londres? Swoon. It’s the kind of place that whispers "luxury" and screams "Instagrammable." The exterior? Immaculate. The very attentive doorman? Practically bowing. My initial thought? "Oh God, I hope I packed the right shoes."

Accessibility – Where Real World Meets High Society (and Hopefully They Do a Good Job of Meeting)

Okay, let's get the important stuff out of the way first. I’m not personally dependent on accessibility, BUT I always look. And honestly, the website blurbs about being "wheelchair accessible" are great… but how does it actually feel? I'm going to try to get that real insider's feel.

  • Wheelchair Accessible: While the website claims this, I'd want more detail, like the slope of any ramps and the width of doorways. This is something I'd need to confirm before booking. (Seriously, call and ask those questions! Don't just trust the website. It’s the details that matter). The elevators are essential, so I'd check those too!

  • Elevator: Essential.

  • Facilities for Disabled Guests: Needs more specifics. Are there roll-in showers? Grab bars? This information needs to be clearly stated on the hotel website, and I'm going to ding them if it's not.

  • Check-in/out [Contactless/Express/Private]: Okay, this is good. In this day and age, contactless check-in is brilliant from a safety standpoint. And the option of a private check-in? Perfect for someone who wants the royal treatment. Express? Perfect for me, because I hate waiting.

Internet – Can’t Live Without It (Even in Paradise!)

Right, digital detox is often tempting, but who are we kidding? We need Wi-Fi. For work, for selfies (obviously!), and generally, to stay connected to the world.

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! My heart leaps with joy. Praise be.

  • Internet Access [LAN]: A bonus for those who, like me, occasionally still prefer a hard-wired connection for serious work.

  • Wi-Fi in Public Areas: Essential for pre-dinner cocktail Instagramming.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – My Stomach is Already Rumbling (and This is Where the Magic Happens!)

  • Michelin-Starred Restaurant: This is the big one. This is why we're here. I'm picturing exquisite plates, perfectly paired wines, and a culinary experience beyond compare. My expectations? Sky-high. My bank account? Praying for mercy. The "a la carte" restaurant is a good sign.

  • Restaurants, Poolside Bar, and Coffee Shop: Variety is the spice of life! Lunch by the pool? Sign me up. A quick caffeine fix? Needed.

  • Breakfast [Buffet] / Asian Breakfast / Western Breakfast: Buffet breakfasts are hit or miss, but I'll be judging on its quality. The options are promising.

  • Room Service [24-hour]: Absolute godsend. When jet lag hits, or just because you can, having room service is a luxury I can't refuse.

  • Desserts, Soup, Salad: All essentials. I want that chocolate lava cake!

  • Bottle of Water: A basic, but appreciated touch.

  • Happy Hour: Essential.

Things to Do and Ways to Relax – Paradise Found (Hopefully!)

This is where the "Escape" part of "Escape to Paradise" comes in.

  • Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: YES, YES, YES! A sauna is heaven. Steamroom? Even better! Spa? Massages please!

  • Swimming Pool: Okay, not just a swimming pool, but a "Pool with View"! This sounds like it could be epic. Please let it be epic.

  • Fitness Center: Gotta work off all the glorious food, right? A gym is a must for me.

  • Body Scrub/Body Wrap/Massage: More spa goodness. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Self-care unlocked!

Cleanliness and Safety – Staying Safe in Style (Essential!)

  • Anti-viral Cleaning Products, Daily Disinfection, Hygiene Certification, Individually-Wrapped Food Options, Room Sanitization Opt-Out: They're taking this seriously, which I love. Gives me peace of mind. The opting out is a nice touch.

  • Staff Trained in Safety Protocol: Excellent.

  • Safe Dining Setup: Crucial.

  • Hand sanitizer: Good.

Services and Conveniences – Little Touches, Big Impact

  • Concierge: Absolutely invaluable. Need dinner reservations? They've got you. Lost your passport? They're your lifeline.

  • Daily Housekeeping: Essential.

  • Daily Disinfection: Excellent.

  • Doorman: That feeling of being treated like royalty starts right here.

  • Laundry and Dry Cleaning/Ironing Service: Because looking chic is a high priority.

  • Currency Exchange/Cash Withdrawal: Smart additions.

For the Kids – Family Fun (Or Maybe Not My Territory!)

  • Babysitting Service/Kids Facilities/Kids Meal: Good if you're traveling with kids, and I admire that they cater to families.

Available in All Rooms – The Nitty-Gritty

  • Air Conditioning in public area: YES.
  • Air Conditioning: Essential.
  • Coffee/Tea Maker: Another must. I'm addicted to caffeine.
  • Free Bottled Water: A nice touch. Hydration is key!
  • Mini Bar: Always a temptation (and usually a slightly expensive one).
  • Hair Dryer: Obviously.
  • Bathrobes/Slippers: Luxury.
  • Wi-Fi [Free]: Of course.
  • Desk/Laptop Workspace: Essential for pretending to work while I'm on vacation.
  • Soundproofing/Non-smoking: Yes, to both.
  • Bathtub/Separate shower/bathtub: Yes again! I appreciate the options.
  • Satellite/Cable Channels/On-demand movies: Entertainment at your fingertips.
  • Wake-up service: Always great, even if I don't use it.
  • Balcony/terrace: I need a balcony.

Getting Around – Navigating the Local Scene

  • Airport Transfer: Smooth entry, smooth exit. Needed!
  • Car Park [free of charge]: Great!
  • Taxi service/Valet parking: Options.

My Actual Experience and the Deep Dive:

Alright, enough with the checklist. Let's get to the real meat of things. Remember, I'm looking for an experience.

The Michelin Star Meal – Did it Live Up to the Hype?

Okay, here we go. This is the moment. The restaurant is elegantly decorated, and the service is impeccable. Now, my own experience… whew.

The amuse-bouche? A tiny, perfect bite of heaven. The bread? Warm, crusty, and practically begging to be dipped in olive oil. But that first course? The foie gras torchon with fig jam and brioche… Oh. My. God. My taste buds did a happy dance. The richness, the sweetness, the smoothness… It was like a symphony in my mouth. I swear, a single tear may have rolled down my cheek. (Don't judge me!)

Unfortunately, that was my experience. My companion ordered the same dish, and… they weren't feeling it. This is where the imperfections came in. Instead of enjoying that one dish, they were distracted, wishing they had ordered something else.

The wine pairings? Spot-on. The sommelier was knowledgeable and passionate, guiding us through each selection. (He even managed to distract me from the aforementioned foie gras situation. A true professional!).

But even here, I had to admit a slightly less wonderful experience. One of the wines, while delicious, had a flavour that wasn't entirely enjoyable. It didn’t ruin the meal, but it did give a feeling of annoyance, which made me feel guilty for the wine I wasn’t enjoying.

The Spa – Did I, in fact, find Paradise?

After the emotional rollercoaster of the meal, the spa was a divine necessity. I opted for a deep tissue massage. The therapist was fantastic, working out knots I didn't even know I had.

Gold Coast MORIB: Banting's BEST Theme Park? (A3464 Review!)

Book Now

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my impending head-first dive into the glorious chaos that is Hotel Restaurant de Londres in Saint-Just-en-Chevalet, France, and I'm bringing you along, warts and all.

The "Plan" (Ha!)

Day 1: En Route & OMG, FRANCE!

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up - or rather, drag myself out of bed. My usual pre-flight jitters kick in, which translates to approximately 30 minutes of hyperventilating while I check my passport for the tenth time.
  • 8:00 AM: The obligatory frantic packing scramble. Every time I swear I'll be organized, and every time I end up throwing everything in my suitcase like a toddler throwing spaghetti at a wall. Did I pack enough socks? Probably not. Did I remember my passport? Hopefully.
  • 9:00 AM: Rush to the airport. I already know I'll be cutting it close.
  • 11:00 AM (ish): Plane! I swear, airplane food always looks better in theory. This time, though, I will be prepared with a smuggled bag of those little chocolate-covered pretzels. A small victory.
  • Afternoon: Arrive in France. I swear I will squeal. It's a law. Customs? Hopefully, I don't make a complete fool of myself.
  • 4:00 PM (ish): Transfer to Saint-Just-en-Chevalet. Praying the train/taxi/whatever doesn't smell like cheese. Which, let's be honest, it probably will. And I'm oddly okay with that.
  • Evening: Arrive at Hotel Restaurant de Londres. Breathe. Check-in. Unpack (eventually). The first look at my room is paramount - I picture, at minimum , a quaint little room with a view, or at least a room that isn't painted a horrifying shade of institutional green. I'm manifesting this. Then, dinner! This is where the real test begins.
    • Initial Reaction: Good God, I hope the food is good. I packed extra stretchy pants just in case.

Day 2: Exploring & The Culinary Gauntlet

  • Morning: Attempt a "walkabout" of Saint-Just-en-Chevalet. I'm picturing quaint cobblestone streets, maybe a market with ridiculously gorgeous cheeses, and definitely coffee. Strong coffee. I've survived on instant for way too long.
  • Late Morning: Maybe, maybe, try to decipher some French. My French is… let's say "rusty." Ok, it's non-existent. Prepare for a lot of pointing and smiling. And possibly embarrassing myself.
  • Lunch: Back at the hotel restaurant? Fingers crossed for something delicious. I might just order everything. Risk being stuffed, if it is worth it.
  • Afternoon: Okay, I am all in on the hotel at this point. Time to focus on the core of the experience: The Restaurant. I am determined to break the ice with the chef and to learn how to make French Onion Soup that will make me weep. Seriously, I'm a culinary disaster but that soup…
    • Anecdote: (Potential) Picture this: Me, attempting to pronounce "bouillabaisse" while gesturing wildly at a friendly waiter. He looks mildly amused, and I end up with a bowl of something entirely different. And loving it. That's what I am going for.
  • Evening: Hotel Restaurant, ROUND TWO. I'm dedicating this day to pure, unadulterated gluttony. Bring on the wine! Bring on the cheese! Bring on the, well, everything.
    • Emotional Rollercoaster: The first bite of the something I ordered? Pure bliss. This is why I came. The second course? Starting to feel a bit too full… The third? I'm starting to question my life choices. But it's SO GOOD. By dessert, I'm practically rolling myself out of the dining room, a happy, food-coma-induced mess. Worth it. Absolutely worth it.

Day 3: Maybe a Little Adventure (or at least a detour)

  • Morning: Wake up feeling like a beached whale, but smiling because I'm still in France. Decide if I have the energy for any "activities".
  • Late Morning: Maybe try to find the church. Or the town square. Aim to do a little bit of sightseeing that is not directly related to food.
  • Lunch: Back at the hotel restaurant, or perhaps a cafĂ© in town. Debating between another huge meal and a simple salad. (Spoiler alert: the simple salad will probably lose.)
  • Afternoon: Embrace the unexpected. Perhaps I'll stumble upon a local festival, or get lost in the most charming way possible.
    • Quirky Observation: The fact that everything here seems… slower than back home. And I am oddly okay with that. Maybe that's the magic of France. Or maybe it's just the wine.
  • Evening: The Finale. One last glorious dinner. I'm going to order something I'm slightly intimidated by. Maybe the duck confit. Or, hell, all of it.
    • Emotional Reaction: The bittersweet feeling. This is it. The last meal. Tears of joy and sorrow. The need to savor every single bite, every sip of wine, every moment.
    • Rant: "Why does this trip have to end? I'm not ready to go back to reality! I need more cheese! I need more croissants! I need… I need to find a way to stay here forever!"

Day 4: Au Revoir, France (Sob)

  • Morning: Pack. Again. Attempt to squeeze all the memories--and souvenirs--into my suitcase.
  • Late Morning: Final walk. One last look at Saint-Just-en-Chevalet. Take a deep breath.
  • Lunch: Last-minute attempt to find more food and one last amazing meal.
  • Afternoon: Transfer to airport/train station. Contemplate moving here.
  • Evening: Fly home. Dreams of France. And plotting my return!
    • Final Thoughts: I did it. I made it through France. And, despite the inevitable mishaps, the slight overeating, and the language barrier, I had a blast. The food? Magnificent. The hotel? Perfectly charming. The memories? Priceless. Until next time, France. You were everything.
Escape to Paradise: Jim's Farm Villas, Sigiriya's Hidden Gem

Book Now

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France

Escape to Paradise: Michelin-Star Dining at Hotel Restaurant de Londres - FAQ (Because Honestly, I Need to Vent)

Oh, honey. Prepare yourself. Look, Applebee's is... comforting. Familiar. This? De Londres? It's a whole other planet. Picture this: I went with my husband, bless his heart, who thought 'Michelin Star' meant 'more breadsticks.' We walked in, and I *swear* the maitre d' gave me the side-eye for my slightly-too-casual dress. (Note to self: pack the ridiculously expensive scarf next time). Then the *amuse-bouche* arrived. Tiny little things, like edible jewels. I swear, they were like, a single pea, perfectly pureed. My husband, bless him, just stared at it like it was a Martian. 'Is that… all?' he muttered. Yes, darling. That’s the art. So, yeah, different planet.

Right?! The menu looks like something out of a medieval alchemist's notebook. My advice? Embrace the ignorance. Ask questions! Seriously. The servers are usually lovely – unless they're judging your dress. (Just kidding... mostly). They'll patiently explain things. I once had a dish with something called 'foie gras emulsion.' I just nodded and prayed it wasn't something involving… well, let's just say I didn't want to know. Just say, 'Tell me more!' Or, if you're me, and feeling overwhelmed, just point and hope for the best. It's an adventure! Plus, the wine pairings? *Chef's kiss* (if you can afford them... more on that later).

Okay, listen up, fellow picky eaters! You're in trouble. Truly. Michelin-star restaurants aren't exactly known for offering a 'chicken fingers and fries' option. BUT! They *can* usually accommodate dietary restrictions and preferences. (Emphasis on CAN - don't expect miracles). Call ahead, explain your situation. Be prepared for them to wince a little if you hate "everything", but they'll try. Just don't go expecting something bland and boring. They may be accommodating, but they're still artists. And artists, as we know, can be a little... dramatic. My friend wanted no mushrooms in her course, and the server's exact words were, "Madam, let's discuss this tragedy."

Ugh. The million-dollar question, right? Look, it's EXPENSIVE. Like, 'I might need to sell a kidney' expensive. But... it's also an experience. A really, *really* special one. It's a splurge. A treat. It's not just a meal; it's a performance. A culinary symphony. (Okay, I'm getting a little carried away, but you get the idea.) If you can afford it without major financial stress, then yes, I'd say absolutely, go for it. Treat yourself! If you can't, maybe start saving. Or, ya know, start a GoFundMe... I might need one myself after my next visit.

Okay, let's be real. The word 'stuffy' definitely comes to mind. It's not like a casualYour Stay Hub

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France

Hotel Restaurant de Londres Saint-Just-en-Chevalet France